Monday, December 29, 2008

The hype

New Year's Eve is suchhhh an important occasion for everyone the world over. We make plans many days in advance. In some cases, many weeks in advance or even months if we plan to travel around that time. And we get all pissed off if someone ditches or anything goes even remotely wrong with our well laid plans. "Oh goddammit, how could i forget to bring my glow-in-the-dark UV hair gel for NYE in Goa????"

Honestly, i don't quite understand the hype. Don't get me wrong. I love partying on NYE. I have helped plan parties, i have been to multiple parties, crashed other ppl rocking parties, and had a whole load of fun on NYE. But that has mostly been me going with the flow. I honestly believe that I wouldn't care if I actually did nothing on NYE(you can lower that sarcastically raised eyebrow now). More than anything, I party on NYE only because my friends will be out partying, and i dont want to miss out. Just like any other outing.

Another thing i notice around NYE is the big date question. "Who are you bringing to the party?" There is sooo much pressure on NYE to be with someone. To kiss someone at the end of the countdown to midnight. Sure, it would be nice to not be the guy who screams "GET A ROOM" to all his friends who are busy making out at midnight. (In my defence, there is nothing much to do when u see yr friends making out.... except stare into space or make fun of them) This year on NYE, i will probably do the same. But this time, i think a lot of people at the party will also be single.... so i'll be doing a lot of hugging at 12...and no screaming.

1 comment:

beatnik said...

Yeah.. the hype. Happy 2009 to you anyway!